View Full Version : Hunter's Suicide fuels Conspiracy Buzz

void
03-05-2005, 12:47 PM
March 4, 2005 -- WAS Hunter S. Thompson's mysterious death really a suicide?

There are some serious irregularities surrounding the demise of the gonzo author, who was found shot to death in the kitchen of his Woody Creek, Colo., ranch on Feb. 20, and local cops seemed to have done a lackluster job of investigating.

Police reports obtained by the Rocky Mountain News note that cops arriving on the scene heard shots being fired, that Thompson's son, Juan, was allowed to be alone with the body, and that there was something odd about the gun Thompson supposedly used to kill himself.

Before his death, Thompson seemed in good spirits and was not known to be depressed. And considering his long-winded style, the absence of a note seems strange — he'd typed only the single word "counselor."

There were no eyewitnesses to the shooting, only an "earwitness" — Thompson's wife, Anita, who was on the phone with him at the time and who later drank scotch with the corpse. Her account of the incident is inconsistent: She alternately has said that she heard a loud, muffled noise and that she heard nothing but clicking.

The behavior of Juan, who was in the house at the time of the shooting, also was unusual. Pitkin County Deputy Sheriff John Armstrong said that when investigators arrived on the scene they heard shots, but Juan assured them he had merely been firing off a salute to his dead dad. Investigator Joseph DiSalvo also let Juan enter the kitchen alone and drape a scarf over the body.

And in his report, Deputy Ron Ryan noted the semi-automatic Smith & Wesson 645 found next to Thompson's body was in an unusual condition. There was a spent shell casing, but although there were six bullets left in the gun's clip, there was no bullet in the firing chamber, as there should have been under normal circumstances.

DiSalvo said he did not check the gun, adding, "I think a bullet from the magazine should have cycled into the chamber" unless there was a "malfunction." A spent slug was found in the stove hood behind the body.

Conspiracy theorists make much of the fact that Thompson had been working on a far-fetched story about the World Trade Center attack at the time of his death.

As Canada's Globe and Mail reported, Thompson had "stumbled across what he felt was hard evidence showing the towers had been brought down not by the airplanes that flew into them but by explosive charges set off in their foundations."

http://nypost.com/seven/03042005/gossip/pagesix.htm

Rillusion
03-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Conspiracy theorists make much of the fact that Thompson had been working on a far-fetched story about the World Trade Center attack at the time of his death.

Oh my god....

GOD DAMMIT!!

God... Something about his death just struck me as perverted from the beginning... I knew once hunter found out about the world trade center attacks that he would write something...

I always thought that If I did the same, I mean actually came up with any HARD evidence... that I would have a coincidental car accident, or maybe OD, or maybe just simply dissapear.

God dammit I hate this country with every fiber of my being.

i am the najavo
03-05-2005, 01:57 PM
conspiracy theories are for those who can't get laid.

canjodion85
03-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by i am the navajo@Mar 5 2005, 01:57 PM
People who say this are people who don't think.

Rillusion
03-05-2005, 02:04 PM

HEY! Fuck you, asshole! :P

Einherjar
03-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by i am the navajo@Mar 5 2005, 01:57 PM
Some conspiracy theories are pretty far fetched... but this one doesnt seem too extreme.

Eloivore
03-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Well, this is interesting. It doesn't prove anything, of course, but it does suggest they ought to look into it more deeply. Anyone heard whether they tested his hands for gunshot residue? Did they even bother to investigate this at all? If nothing else I find it hard to believe HST would off himself without some kind of dramatic sendoff or message.

The trouble with conspiracy theories is they can become unfalsifiable. If you believe in every fiber of your being that, for example, the phone company killed John F. Kennedy (obscure movie reference), then any evidence to the contrary just becomes evidence for a coverup, so there's no way to disprove it.

That doesn't necessarily mean all conspiracy theories are wrong, only that you have to start out by asking yourself "OK, what evidence would be sufficient for me to believe there's no conspiracy?" If your answer is "none", you've got a problem. A good scientist may hypothesize, but draws conclusions from the evidence, as opposed to selecting evidence to fit a pre-existing conclusion.

But yeah, the more I read about HST's death, the more it seems like we're not getting the whole story, and something seriously fucked is going on. That doesn't mean it's a WTC / 9/11 conspiracy, maybe it was a family argument that escalated into murder for all I know, but whatever it is, the man deserves to have his death investigated.

(As for 9/11 ... I always thought, why bother bombing the WTC, when it would be much easier just to cut funding and manpower and attention so as to "accidentally" let one of the gazillions of attempted terrorist attacks per year succeed? The latter approach has plausible deniability; you could never really prove it was intentional unless someone came forward. Maybe this would make a good thread for debate, then again maybe not)

Hamletthunktoomuch
03-05-2005, 04:24 PM

Holy shit I want to read what he wrote so bad. I hope it's not destroyed.

vapor
03-05-2005, 04:31 PM
I kept asking myself, why? I couldnt beleive he would kill himself. Even though I was plannign to but never met him, he felt like a close friend all these years.. :(

I hope whoever did this is fucking shot. I really do. Sorry for being so coarse but it just really makes me angry..

Krystena
03-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Didnt we do this w/ Kurt Kobain? :shake:

Hamletthunktoomuch
03-05-2005, 05:00 PM
Didnt we do this w/ Kurt Kobain?

Personally, I think Kurt just took his money and bought a farm in some other country and is living with his 20 hot maids-a-milkin'.

I'm sure he staged the whole thing just to get away from Courtney.

I hope whoever did this is fucking shot. I really do. Sorry for being so coarse but it just really makes me angry..

I'd actually be surpised if the government didn't have him killed. He was so damn subversive.

Krystena
03-05-2005, 05:05 PM
Kurts dental work was found in various spots. If he staged it on his own the investigation team and coroner wouldnt have gone along w/ it. I doubt the government made HST a target. What gain is there? I mean he gets fucked up, writes stuff, who cares? Is this really a cause for concern rather than jus being a part of counter culture? HST offed himself. Everytime somelike like him does this, Like Kurt and HST, there will be people spewing off how it was a consipracy. People don't like to cope and close things, they like to drag it out as much as possible for the pure reason of speculation and spreading garbage.

Hamletthunktoomuch
03-05-2005, 05:34 PM
People don't like to cope and close things, they like to drag it out as much as possible for the pure reason of speculation and spreading garbage.

Or maybe they just don't take the first newstory as god-given fact.

K-ParAdoX
03-05-2005, 11:09 PM
I find this intriguing to say the least...

...but why is this in DXM news?

Rillusion
03-05-2005, 11:29 PM
(As for 9/11 ... I always thought, why bother bombing the WTC, when it would be much easier just to cut funding and manpower and attention so as to "accidentally" let one of the gazillions of attempted terrorist attacks per year succeed? The latter approach has plausible deniability; you could never really prove it was intentional unless someone came forward. Maybe this would make a good thread for debate, then again maybe not)

Maybe you forget how the airplane companies have been ripped off and enslaved, and free travel is no longer so free.

The illuminati, or whoever is pretending to be the illuminati, the bush + cheney crowd of hedonistic bohemians, have scored rapes on multiple fronts on this atrocity...

WHERE THE FUCK IS KARMA? How have these evil creatures been allowed to conquer and plunder so uninterrupted? Are we ALL too fucked up to do anything coherent and cohesive about this?

Oh well... Hunter man I miss you I wish I had gotten to hear you speak and I SWEAR to dedicate my life to bringing down, or at least bringing light ON, the tyrants to be.

Peace n Love

Eloivore
03-06-2005, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by K-ParAdoX@Mar 5 2005, 11:09 PM
Um, because it's Void's site? :sly:

leafy green
03-06-2005, 04:40 AM
yeah thats a real fucking great response, agntorng, the most logical step, to say some generalization and then state that yes, hunter actually did kill himself

the interesting thing is that the WTC story has vanished mysteriously. and why is this such a far fetched story? isnt it generally accepted the government is rather corrupt, manipulating our civil liberties left and right\(?)

and before naysayers commented on this story did you even bother to look into the theories and the rather large inconsistencies that surround the attacks, or maybe even the inconsistencies that surround bush's immediate invasion of afganistan BEFORE there was solid evidence of any sort of culpability. oh yeah and did you forget iraq

blah blah blah well ive seen enough movies to know that conspiracy theories are all bunk and fox news tells me that the danger level is ELEVATED nevermind the fact that its been that way for four fucking years

im aware of the danger of falling into the paranoid conspiracist trap, but if you look at it from bwhites stance, and ask well what evidence would i need, i think i would need all of that text blacked out with sharpies before being released to the public 5 years later, and all of the "homeland security" crapola mmm maybe an explanation for every god damn thing bush has ever done

oh wait the only explanation i need is that hes a sociopathic, violent bigot who enjoys cutting down trees

http://www.bushnews.com/attack.htm
http://www.infowars.com/resources.html

"
TASHKENT, Aug 08, 2001 (Itar-Tass via COMTEX) -- The George W. Bush administration is to provide additional financial assistance to the people of Afghanistan. The sum will amount to 6.5 million dollars, as offcially reported by the information department of the Uzbek Embassy in the United States. The total volume of U.S. financial help to Afghanistan will amount to over 132 million dollars this year. Thus, the USA will become the world's biggest financial source for Afghanistan."
"

oh yeah and this guys the new head of homeland security doesent he look TRUSTWORTHY

http://nub.iichan.net/b/src/1110101701182.jpg

YES RILL LET US NOT EVEN BEGIN TO SPEAK OF THE OWL WORSHIPPING BOHEMIAN CLUB AND THE NEW WORLD ORDER, AS IT IS PREPOSTEROUS WHAT A SILLY IDEA A CLUB OF OLD MEN WHO OWN THE WORLD HOW COULD IT BE

and uh when was the last time we heard of a thwarted terrorist attack other than whatever nonsense desiree carvajal babbles about and that other douchebag mike whateverthefuck

AH

rfgdxm
03-06-2005, 08:03 AM
The NY Post ain't exactly the New York Times. Consider the credibility of the source.

rfgdxm
03-06-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by bwhite+Mar 6 2005, 03:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bwhite @ Mar 6 2005, 03:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--K-ParAdoX@Mar 5 2005, 11:09 PM
Um, because it's Void's site? :sly:[/b][/quote]
Cynic. If the 2 of us ever met in real life, we might get along. ;) HST did once mention using Romilar. Therefore, this is DXM news.

dawhiterabbit
03-06-2005, 10:03 AM
The NY Post ain't exactly the New York Times. Consider the credibility of the source.

i was gonna say the same thing. the new your post is only a step abouve national enquirer and star papers.

Queue
03-06-2005, 10:08 AM
This is pretty ridiculous.

Plenty of conspiracy theorists claiming to have hard evidence showing the 'government let it happen' have been published.

Also, Hunter once said something along the lines of always wanting to know that he has the option of suicide.

Think.

Eloivore
03-06-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by rfgdxm+Mar 6 2005, 08:23 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rfgdxm @ Mar 6 2005, 08:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bwhite@Mar 6 2005, 03:32 AM
Um, because it's Void's site? :sly:
Cynic. [/b][/quote]
I don't really see it as cynical. Any website, even a forum site, will tend to conform to the ontology of whoever has the greatest control over its content. I wouldn't necessarily have thought of putting this article here myself, but I don't think it's off-topic either given that we don't have a general news forum and HST does have some connection with DXM as you pointed out.

Christopher
03-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Conspiracies abound, and they're going on right in front of your face... :parinoid:

Of course the Twin Towers were blown up by Bush's Amerikkka organization. That's old news, and it's the Truth. Watch the videos and read the reports. It's all public info, it's just unfortunate that the majority of the citizens of Amerikkka are starry-eyed, Bush-worshipping, life-hating, pseudo-Xian extremists, and ENEMIES of any sane human being that believes in spreading LOVE, LIFE, and PEACE!!!

Sadly, the Genius Hunter Thompson has most likely become a Martyr for True Freedom. May the spirit of his work inspire all to look beneath the surface, read between the lines, and "never turn your back on a drug..."(The drug in this case being amerikkkanism)

:chug: :walkaway: :eh: :crazy: :parinoid: :( :shake:

rfgdxm
03-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by bwhite@Mar 6 2005, 01:01 PM
I don't really see it as cynical. Any website, even a forum site, will tend to conform to the ontology of whoever has the greatest control over its content. I wouldn't necessarily have thought of putting this article here myself, but I don't think it's off-topic either given that we don't have a general news forum and HST does have some connection with DXM as you pointed out.
This site DOES have general news forum: World Affairs & Law. Check the allowed topics. And you call yourself a moderator? ;) However, given that HST may well have been the most prominent public figure to admit to using DXM recreationally, I can see the relevance of that in the DXM News forum.

My site also has some unusual ontology. I have a copy of "Piss Factory" by Patti Smith available for download on my site. This song is relevant in the context of DXM arcana. The lyrics specifically mention using DXM in a recreationally. However, I don't see how I could justify that being on a *harm reduction* DXM website. The main reason that I have that on my site is annoyance at the media calling DXM (ab)use new. Given that Patti Smith quite obviously aware that Romilar could be used recreationally 31 years ago, I'd say this is pretty good evidence that it isn't anything new. That the lyrics are sexually explicit is another problem with it being on my site. However, are there really that many teens out there today who would be shocked by a mention of a blow job? However, I did add the obligatory "sexually explicit lyrics" warnings. Likely to the amusement of Europeans, who have a different attitude toward sexuality. [For those unaware, English profanity including "fuck" is basically untranslatable into French. French does have swear words. However, the sexual act is just considered ordinary. A literal translation of "fuck off" into French would just mean "have sexual relations elsewhere." To which someone in France would reply "I should surely hope so." ;)]

(As for the general MP3 section on my site, I do declare it on the home page a "personal indulgence". It's just easier (and cheaper) to do this with an existing domain name rather than putting it on another domain. I didn't mean to suggest that DXMers in general think genocide and sexually molesting children is bad, while interracial dating is OK. Just that I also think so. Probably the latter is still quite controversial.)

leafy green
03-06-2005, 04:19 PM
what the fuck does it matter that the new york post JUST released some hack article about it

oh yeah THE SUN just talked about how dxm gets you high, they heard it from some junkie asshole

but because its in THE SUN im not going to believe it

thats all the evidence I need

Hamletthunktoomuch
03-06-2005, 05:43 PM
This site DOES have general news forum: World Affairs & Law. Check the allowed topics. And you call yourself a moderator? ;) However, given that HST may well have been the most prominent public figure to admit to using DXM recreationally, I can see the relevance of that in the DXM News forum.

Bottom line Void can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Of course the Twin Towers were blown up by Bush's Amerikkka organization. That's old news, and it's the Truth. Watch the videos and read the reports.

I'd really appreciate it if you expounded upon these ideas and gave some details. I know it would take some effort, but I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I'm just going to dismiss it as goofiness.

A literal translation of "fuck off" into French would just mean "have sexual relations elsewhere." To which someone in France would reply "I should surely hope so." ;)]

I would so belong in France. [side note: the word "belong" is fucking weird. Be Long. That has nothing to do with feeling at one with people...OR DOES IT???

House
03-06-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by HrumaSet@Mar 6 2005, 11:16 AM
Conspiracies abound, and they're going on right in front of your face... :parinoid:

Of course the Twin Towers were blown up by Bush's Amerikkka organization. That's old news, and it's the Truth. Watch the videos and read the reports. It's all public info, it's just unfortunate that the majority of the citizens of Amerikkka are starry-eyed, Bush-worshipping, life-hating, pseudo-Xian extremists, and ENEMIES of any sane human being that believes in spreading LOVE, LIFE, and PEACE!!!

Sadly, the Genius Hunter Thompson has most likely become a Martyr for True Freedom. May the spirit of his work inspire all to look beneath the surface, read between the lines, and "never turn your back on a drug..."(The drug in this case being amerikkkanism)

Good post.

I'm not exactly convinced that HST was the victim of a government conspiracy, but this is something I wouldn't have thought of and am considering looking into.

With all the Bush deceptive, ulterior motives, conspiracies like this wouldn't come as a surprise, but the victim of said conspiracy does. Interesting thought... but I need more evidence on either side to make any real conclusions, personally.

It doesn't seem like the government would really go after Hunter, in a way, being that he was active as a counter-culture figure and I've never really heard anything about the government wanting to keep him, specifically, quiet. But on the other hand, a counter-culture piece could prove dangerous to the system, and being that details of HST's ideas weren't publicly widespread, it'd be the perfect opportunity to off him before anything really surfaced.

At the same time, I'm not sure how many Americans would take Hunter seriously, being that he had quite the party reputation, and this country is so filled with the Christian "family morals" bunch of bullshit hootenanny. lol, yeah, I'm totally undecided, there's a lot of angels to be vetted. :-/ I hope for HST that he did it on his own accord though, that he had control over his unexpected and untimely death.

Queue
03-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by HrumaSet@Mar 6 2005, 02:16 PM

Wrong.

leafy green
03-06-2005, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Queue+Mar 6 2005, 05:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Queue @ Mar 6 2005, 05:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--HrumaSet@Mar 6 2005, 02:16 PM

Wrong. [/b][/quote]
TRULY AN AWE INSPIRING DISSERTATION ON WHY YOU, THE PRETENTIOUS FUCK, ARE SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE ELSE

Hamletthunktoomuch
03-06-2005, 05:56 PM
The caps lock in your mind is stuck, Spinach.

Rillusion
03-06-2005, 10:16 PM
I cannot know in any provable, rational sense that hunter has been iced by the evils to be...

Nor can I , for that fact, 'PROVE', that the WTC towers were brought down. It is , however, a HEAPING, AMAZINGLY VAST amount of conjectural and second-hand evidence. If you do watch the tapes... or read about the happenings at andrews air force base... well when you put it all together there simply is NO OTHER WAY this couldve happend.

The US AIR FORCE can have a F-17 fighter at any point in the country in about 2 minutes. They are IMMEDIATELY, and electronically alerted to any plan that veers off course.

I cannot prove this, though I did hear it on NPR (national public radio), from a man who was a fairly high level worker at andrews air force base, that the planes were told to STAND DOWN (by a high level, undisclosed millitary official) when 9-11 was rolling into its horrible climax.

All I DO know from the bottom of my heart, is if things are SO BAD that the government has the audacity to off thompson, then we need to stop getting fucked up SO GOD DAMNED MUCH and get of our lazy, quasi-intellectual asses and maybe... do ....something?

Or maybe take the time to get this stuff out there. I can only commend void, for as far as I know hes the only one ( or she? ) doing any part at all to bring forth generally unbiased information.

This is killing me on the inside... god damned human compassion.

This shit has got to stop. The mere fact that its even plausible that gov. may have killed thompson should have you all outraged.

I am, but I still want to bring the peace and the love back to ALL.

Peace n Love.

Christopher
03-07-2005, 02:46 AM
This shit has got to stop. The mere fact that its even plausible that gov. may have killed thompson should have you all outraged.

I am, but I still want to bring the peace and the love back to ALL.

Peace n Love.

I feel ya, brother. But unfontunately, the only only thing we can do is to Work our Magick against the Bushzis and meditate on one of the many little fantistic one-liners of profound wisdom from Marilyn Manson: <span style='color:red'>"Fail to see the tragic, turn it into Magic!"</span>

Rillusion
03-08-2005, 12:09 AM
How would one go about turning tragedies into magic, unless you are harvesting the corrupting and putrid vibes aroused from the atrocity?

Just a thought.

Tyutchev
03-08-2005, 02:41 AM
The Reptilians got him.

Queue
03-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by spinach+Mar 6 2005, 05:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spinach @ Mar 6 2005, 05:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by -Queue@Mar 6 2005, 05:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--HrumaSet@Mar 6 2005, 02:16 PM

Wrong.
TRULY AN AWE INSPIRING DISSERTATION ON WHY YOU, THE PRETENTIOUS FUCK, ARE SUPERIOR TO EVERYONE ELSE [/b][/quote]
It wasn't really worthy of much response.

OK, so Bush and his administration blew up the towers? How is that 'public info'? I have seen all these conspiracy theories proven moot countless times. I've seen the 'it was demolitioned' one, I've seen the 'the planes have missile launchers!' one, and I've seen the "Bush LET them on!" one. They are all ridiculous and stupid. Plus, if all this is public info... why would they have put the hit on Hunter?

He also spelled 'Zion' wrong.

Queue
03-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Rill the Lorx@Mar 6 2005, 10:16 PM
The US AIR FORCE can have a F-17 fighter at any point in the country in about 2 minutes. They are IMMEDIATELY, and electronically alerted to any plan that veers off course.
That's simply not true. Do you think that there are pilots sitting in planes at every second of the day, right where they are supposed to be for the take-off?

Also you might want to look at how far Andrews AFB is from New York. Sure they could've responded to the Washington D.C. attack, but what would you expect them to do? Shoot down the plane? Think of exactly... where... they could've done that.

It's likely that there was no 'struggle' or any hero stories on the Pennsylvania flight. That plane was most likely shot down.

Research.

Rillusion
03-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Anyone with any knowledge of HISTORY would know how easy it is to scare the people into losing their freedoms and war.

A apt quote from hermann goering,

"Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for bringing the country to a greater danger"

Sound familiar? To most of you its familiar because you've already heard it. To others its familiar because its the EXACT modus operandi of the fuckers in charge, who have been in charge since societies have been around.

Nero burns rome, Hitler burns Reichstag, Bush blows up towers. This is nothing new, nothing far out.

Thats whats really sick.

Edited to remove insults.

Queue
03-08-2005, 08:56 PM
I wasn't addressing anything of that sort, I could come up with an equally true... but inane fact as well about corruption.

Rillusion
03-08-2005, 11:01 PM
How is that inane? Its the same corruption.

Tyutchev
03-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Queue@Mar 8 2005, 08:21 PM

'Xian' is how HrumaSet spells Christian. You know, like Xmas?

Hamletthunktoomuch
03-09-2005, 12:43 AM
I can only commend void, for as far as I know hes the only one ( or she? )

It's a he. I saw him once on webcam. He was exactly how I pictured he would be. Some cool looking thin white young guy with big headphones on infront of a big computer. He looked kind of like Thom Yorke.

That was when the dextroverse was brought down and the world came to an end for its members for a couple weeks until Joe hosted the message board temporarily on his site for awhile. Oh, those were dreadful times.

I cannot prove this, though I did hear it on NPR (national public radio), from a man who was a fairly high level worker at andrews air force base, that the planes were told to STAND DOWN (by a high level, undisclosed millitary official) when 9-11 was rolling into its horrible climax.

NPR is one of the last bastions of responsible journalism left in America. I believe what the guy said, but I think, rather than for some evil hidden agenda, the planes were told to stand down because of poor decision making skills in the midst of a VERY FUCKING SEVERE AND STRESSFUL crisis.

I've paid attention to the news and some underground news and I see no reason to suspect anything happened other than what is generally believed to have happened happened.

I also see where the fuel for the conspiracy theory comes from: it comes from the fact that Mr. Bush deliberately used this horrible event to instate all kinds of national and international policies and actions which the United States citizens would never have let happened if they weren't so utterly shell-shocked by having been actually attacked on home soil for the first time in modern history (first time a non-military target was attacked). So, naturally, this pisses alot of people with brains off and they want to somehow pin the original event on Bush. They just can't seem to accept that Bush has actually gotten away with so much fucking shit right under everyone's fucking nose, and continues to to this very day. It's a hard thing to deal with.

Just like Hunter's death is hard to deal with. I honestly believe the guy just got fucking fed the fuck up with everything and offed himself. I'd like to think that there was a secret government conspiracy to kill him, but that's only because that story would make his death romantic. It's just not romantic at all. It's just sad.

But his work lives on, and he lives on through his work. That's the great thing.

Rillusion
03-09-2005, 01:32 AM
NPR is one of the last bastions of responsible journalism left in America. I believe what the guy said, but I think, rather than for some evil hidden agenda, the planes were told to stand down because of poor decision making skills in the midst of a VERY FUCKING SEVERE AND STRESSFUL crisis.

You've got to be kidding me... that kind of seems like your reaching for coincidences to justify a stream of coincidences that ALL point to the governments guilt. It doesnt work out well in my mind. But then again Im almost as crazy as you are.

Honestly... this country, and our millitary is not THAT INEPT. Not even close. Not even , even close. We rule this planet with our millitary might, I dont think when we saw those planes veer off course there was like a debate in the mind of the men running the show 'Hmmmm should we or shouldnt we have planes in the sky?'

That smells to me like....bullshit...

But do I believe that Hunter could have simply just randomly decided to kill himself? Sure. But it sure seems like it would have been random. No death note and good moods and smiling faces before his untimely demise. No depression, no withdrawal from society, and NO NOTE.

AND NO DEATH NOTE? Thats so not thompsonesque...

Are you just totally denying the coincidence that he was working on a 9-11 conspiracy story that 'dissapeared' after his death? I'd say thats about some of the most 'hard' soft evidence I can muster at this point, if its even correct.

Maybe I dont know all the facts. Hell, I know I dont. The 9-11 conspiracy is not in question here, though maybe it is a little. I suppose that if in fact hunter was iced for attempting to reveal such a conspiracy, than indeed that would add a good amount of credibility to the idea that it does EXIST.

Just like Hunter's death is hard to deal with. I honestly believe the guy just got fucking fed the fuck up with everything and offed himself. I'd like to think that there was a secret government conspiracy to kill him, but that's only because that story would make his death romantic. It's just not romantic at all. It's just sad.

The fact that 9-11 is part of a sickening system , and that hunter was killed (neither are 'facts' ) , is deeply more sad to me than hunter comitting suicide. Its not romantic at all in my eyes. Hunter did go out as a martyr, but against his will. And he went out to fuel the system which he did such a good job at raking its muck, I really dont think he wouldve wanted it this way.

If hunter had truly gotten fed the fuck up, he wouldve taken the time to let us all know in a poignant, funny letter to us. He didnt. It stinks.

Alot of the swirling sandstorm of shit surrounding his death stinks. Mayhaps its too horrifying, or too far out, to imagine that the gov. could kill thompson. At the point I am at, I'm fairly sure they would , and KNOW they could. And they would make it look like a suicide, or a OD, or a car crash, or set up a patsy for murder. Thats how they run.

Those who know, know. Those who dont, speculate and rationalize.

I know.

I suppose it doesnt matter what I think, unless I become an elected official. But you certainly seem more reasonable than I have heard from you before hammy , I commend thee.

I respect everyones opinion here, save Queue (naturally), and you do have valid points.

I have learned to be less vindictive and much, much more open minded to the fact that I may just be flat out the fuck wrong. About everything even.

But, I think the lorx takes teh cake on this one.

Peace n Love.

Hamletthunktoomuch
03-09-2005, 01:40 AM
Honestly... this country, and our millitary is not THAT INEPT. Not even close. Not even , even close. We rule this planet with our millitary might, I dont think when we saw those planes veer off course there was like a debate in the mind of the men running the show 'Hmmmm should we or shouldnt we have planes in the sky?'

I think they were taking the passengers lives into consideration and totally did not take into consideration the then uheard-of idea that planes could be used as bombs. Remember, that wasn't done before so it wasn't in any tactical manual.

Hamletthunktoomuch
03-09-2005, 01:47 AM
If hunter had truly gotten fed the fuck up, he wouldve taken the time to let us all know in a poignant, funny letter to us. He didnt. It stinks.

I know it doesn't seem like him. One would expect him to face his death like he faced his life, with balls and a great sense of humor. But maybe he couldn't. Maybe his suicide was not about meaning anything. It was just him saying, "Thanks for the ride, I think I'll get off now." (This would make a great suicide note I'm gonna use it if I ever do it)

As for him not seeming depressed or withdrawn, surely you know that Hunter could play any part he chose to play, regardless of how he actually felt on the inside.

Rillusion
03-09-2005, 01:58 AM
I know it doesn't seem like him. One would expect him to face his death like he faced his life, with balls and a great sense of humor. But maybe he couldn't. Maybe his suicide was not about meaning anything. It was just him saying, "Thanks for the ride, I think I'll get off now." (This would make a great suicide note I'm gonna use it if I ever do it)

Or maybe...something horribly sinister is at hand here.

Maybe planes HAVE been used as bombs... and maybe the dextrous strength (dexterity, not DXM) of the towers SHOULD have withstood the planes impact and not collapsed... We never did get a good explaination about that one.

Or much of anything else...

From my perspective the evidence is MOUNTED IN HEAPS on the side of conspiracy. All debunking I have seen done is largely bogus, based on perspectives and perceptions that they think you would buy into. Not gonna get into detail on that one, just my opinion.

Hopefully your not going to buy into the 'intelligence botching' bullshit put out there, but the powers to be were quite aware of al quada's intents (I cant remember how to spell that terrorist organization...what a shame)

I really dont buy the whole 'whoops, we let this happen on accident' deal. THAT, my friends, is far fetched.

And I wholeheartedly believe that it would take a rational mind like thomspon THIS long to collect enough evidence and/or conjectural hearsay before he thought it would be worthy of his audiences eyes. Something like this he wouldnt come right out and blather on with 'theories', but would wait until he had the facts.

I truly, truly believe that he did. If he didnt, and I learnt about it, and I learned that ALL OF THIS was bullshit, I could take it. I dont rely on thompson, and hes not even my biggest idol. Neither is that man in my avatar, so poignantly flipping you off.

I understand your will to take the outside perspective hammy. Here , to take the outside perspective many times I see good minds taking the 'societally inside' perspective in order to maintain the unique-ness of their perspective.

I think thats all just ego-games, and I think the history, the facts, and alllllllllllll the mounting secondary evidence doe the talking for me.

Check out 'my' website. ( not mine, at all )

Peace n Love

Christopher
03-09-2005, 03:07 AM
Rill,
Your last two posts are Stellar!!! You got the Darkness! B) :)

Queue
03-09-2005, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Rill the Lorx@Mar 9 2005, 01:58 AM
Maybe planes HAVE been used as bombs... and maybe the dextrous strength (dexterity, not DXM) of the towers SHOULD have withstood the planes impact and not collapsed... We never did get a good explaination about that one.

What are you talking about? The only times planes have been used as bombs were by kamikaze pilots.

And, the reason the towers did collapse has been explained many times.

You seem to be so questioning of real news sources, but you buy into every little thing a conspiracy theory has to say.

Queue
03-09-2005, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Tyutchev+Mar 9 2005, 12:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tyutchev @ Mar 9 2005, 12:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Queue@Mar 8 2005, 08:21 PM

'Xian' is how HrumaSet spells Christian. You know, like Xmas? [/b][/quote]
My bad. I've never seen that used before.

Rillusion
03-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Rill,
Your last two posts are Stellar!!! You got the Darkness!

Danke schoene mein freund. Some vindication at last.

Perhaps this darkness I have had it all along, or perhaps the Book of the Law you inadvertantly pointed me to has unlocked something inside me that I haven been to sure about... All I know is I have always loved the night. Always. Fur diese Ich habt du gedankt, mein bruder.

What are you talking about? The only times planes have been used as bombs were by kamikaze pilots.

And, the reason the towers did collapse has been explained many times.

You seem to be so questioning of real news sources, but you buy into every little thing a conspiracy theory has to say.

Ill say to you what I said to hammy , that I think you have a good mind and I respect your opinion, but obviously nothing I can say will change it as you are steadfast in your determination to be different than everyone else. Most who have replied vaguely agree that its possible hunter was killed, and most already know of the truth behind 9-11, which to me is so obviously blatant... Anyways to get on your latest comments.

First of all, Kamakaze pilots, you answered your own question. Planes have been used as bombs, and when a plane is hijacked its procedure to have fighters in teh sky.

Second of all, indeed the towers collapse has been explained many times, mostly by lies and scientific exaggurations. Jet fuel mostly dissapates, that is it is vaporized, upon explosion. The continuing fires even themselves could not have reached the temps. necissary to melt the high quality steel. I have seen a video tape of the NYC fire chief (available on propagandamatrix.com ) in which he publicly admits there is no way the planes brought the towers down alone, and even goes so far as to predict demolitions at hand. Then of course, minutes later he comes back on camera and totally changes his story.

The collapse of the towers was explained many times by different explainations, from different news sources, all owned by the SAME major corporations.

Open your eyes man, and this childish stigma you have will fall to pieces to the shocking ,crushing horror of what is realllllly happening.

WAKE UP NIGGA.

Peace n Love.

Hamletthunktoomuch
03-09-2005, 01:56 PM
The collapse of the towers was explained many times by different explainations, from different news sources, all owned by the SAME major corporations.

Ok, so you refuse to take seriously news from news corporations but you take seriously news from crazy hermits living in basements with fast internet connections?

I heard that the towers were just not built very well. They didn't have proper support beams in the interest of having more office space.

There was no forseable reason to make them sturdy enough to handle an attack from planes used as bombs. Nobody could forsee that happening and take measures to protect against it.

I have seen a video tape of the NYC fire chief (available on propagandamatrix.com ) in which he publicly admits there is no way the planes brought the towers down alone, and even goes so far as to predict demolitions at hand. Then of course, minutes later he comes back on camera and totally changes his story.

I doubt the fire chief of NYC had the architectual wherewithal to properly evaluate the struture of the world trade center buildings. I highly suspect his area of expertise was more geared toward putting out fires.

silent voice of seduction
03-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by hamletthunktoomuch@Mar 9 2005, 01:56 PM
There was no forseable reason to make them sturdy enough to handle an attack from planes used as bombs. Nobody could forsee that happening and take measures to protect against it.
The pentagon had been pondering the very scenario of planes used as bombs, shortly before 9/11. Rice denied it when it was still a rumor, but evidence surfaced eventually.

Rillusion
03-09-2005, 05:46 PM
I heard that the towers were just not built very well. They didn't have proper support beams in the interest of having more office space.

Now come on hammy, thats just flat out bullshit. The thousand mouths of the media had a fairly hard time convincing the public that the EXTREMELY sturdy, EXTREMELY well built WTC towers collapsed under their own weight.

It took em a while, but by espousing hundreds of contradictory theories and speculations people eventually let go of it , and held onto hate for their new percieved enemies.

Try and check this out with as open mind as possible , all things considered.

The 'Truss Theory' (http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/911_smoking_gun.html)Debunked.

This is just one of the many theories for why the buildings collapsed but out there, totally and ruthlessly debunked as complete bullshit.

Check it out.

Peace n Love , someday.

leafy green
03-09-2005, 07:48 PM
i think god did it because of abortion

Queue
03-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Rill the Lorx@Mar 9 2005, 01:22 PM
Second of all, indeed the towers collapse has been explained many times, mostly by lies and scientific exaggurations. Jet fuel mostly dissapates, that is it is vaporized, upon explosion. The continuing fires even themselves could not have reached the temps. necissary to melt the high quality steel. I have seen a video tape of the NYC fire chief (available on propagandamatrix.com ) in which he publicly admits there is no way the planes brought the towers down alone, and even goes so far as to predict demolitions at hand.
And how would this demolition have taken place. I've seen the explanation by the person who said there were second 'waves' that felt like earth quakes. It's pretty ridiculous. Think of all that would've had to have been done to plant these bombs... and no one saw it? For what gain? The supposed insurance on the buildings? Please.

leafy green
03-10-2005, 03:55 AM
YOURE LIKE A CHILD THAT WANDERS INTO THE MIDDLE OF A CONVERSATION

in my opinion, dearest peer, youre a total fucktard. noone even talked about insurance. you just read shit and out comes some manufactured response that doesent even address the evidence you were given

go back to watching fox news and believe in your lies (http://www.infowars.com/articles/iraq/saddam_capture_fiction_says_marine.htm)

Rillusion
03-10-2005, 04:13 PM
YOURE LIKE A CHILD THAT WANDERS INTO THE MIDDLE OF A CONVERSATION

I'm afraid I'm going to have to agree on that one.

I've said about all I can say, and the kid hasnt taken one thing to heart or head. I at least gave him the respect of considering his opinions as truth.

Everytime I have my opinions and thoughts questioned I totally let go of them, then 'rationally' (rationale is sooo dead to me) regroup my thoughts and re-view the situation. Usually I come to the same conclusion , especially when wandering children provide absolutely nothing original or thought provoking to the mix.

Its all good though, hes just in a different part of his evolution. I was there once, we all were.

At least I'll say that to lessen spinach's blow.

Peace n Love

Tyutchev
03-10-2005, 04:56 PM
I don't know, I think all the conspiracy theories about the 9/11 attacks are kind of loopy. I mean, I've even heard anti-Semites claiming the Jews were directing the planes by remote control. I don't really know if Bush could pull off murdering his own countrymen and get away with it, it'd have to leak out sometime.

But, I do agree that he massively MANIPULATED and USED that terrible tragedy to his own advantage. I think when he found out Muslims had done it he must have been jumping for joy- he finally had a GOOD REASON to do what he'd evidently been planning all along, send troops into the Middle East and "Seize thur oil!"

Bush is scum for using the mass murder of hundreds of his own countrymen for his own benefit. Bush is scum full-stop.

03-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Queue@Mar 9 2005, 08:44 PM
And how would this demolition have taken place. I've seen the explanation by the person who said there were second 'waves' that felt like earth quakes. It's pretty ridiculous. Think of all that would've had to have been done to plant these bombs... and no one saw it? For what gain? The supposed insurance on the buildings? Please.
Maybe the bombs have been there all along. And if not... sending in a few construction workers is not that big a feat. Who'd care enough to check what exactly they are doing? It just has to look as if they're reparing some electrical installation or whatever.

The towers came down in free fall - 9.81 m/s². They hardly tilted at all, they just went straight down. How that is supposed to be caused by an asymmetric damage to a few floors is beyond me. There have been enormous fires in many buildings - none of them went down the way the towers did. The fire was relatively small-scale after all (it never even spread to lower floors).

No. These planes did not bring down the WTC. I would like to believe otherwise because that would free me from having to assume a very ugly conspiracy out there, still to be uncovered. But I can't, because I would have to abandon reason.

If the WTC crash counter-evidence is not convincing for you, start with the Pentagon incident. Look at any of the pictures. If you didn't know what supposedly happened to the pentagon, would your guess be "a plane crashed into this building"?

If it wasn't so sinister, I could laugh my ass off about the bullshit the government is seriously expecting us to swallow. What really upsets me though is that people actually do swallow because it comes from the government. Where did our natural and healthy distrust of those in power go? Power corrupts, people. It really does.

Tyutchev
03-10-2005, 05:41 PM
I think the reason so many people are questioning the true nature of the 9/11 tragedy is because a large section of people have become totally disillusioned with government, especially the American government. The numbers of these people are growing too. This is going to be a real problem for the government in the future, I believe- even if the Bush Administration/The Pentagon/The Media told the truth about what happened, so many people are going to be questioning it that the integrity of the government is going to dissolve from tiny to nothingness. So even if Bush tells the truth in the future, so many people actively distrust him and his administration that he's not going to be believed anyway.

It sucks that the one thing we can prove he lied about- evidence of WMD in Iraq- hasn't even resulted in any sort of punishment at all. I'm sure if Clinton (or any other Democrat President) had've openly lied and fabricated evidence about going to war the Republicans and conservatives would be baying for his blood and demaning impeachment left, right and centre. The US 'opposition' needs to get off its ass and START OPPOSING, DAMNIT.

trixieann
03-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Wow, this thread is REALLY going nowhere fast.

~trixieann~

03-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Whis is this "nowhere"? We're still talking about the WTC incident which was what Hunter S. Thompson worked on prior to his death.

even if the Bush Administration/The Pentagon/The Media told the truth about what happened, so many people are going to be questioning it that the integrity of the government is going to dissolve from tiny to nothingness.
Well, they haven't tried yet, so we can only speculate. I do think it would make a huge difference. Maybe he would lose a few of his supporters when they find out he has lied to them (it's pretty hard not to notice that anyway; I suspect many people support Bush even though they know he's lying - that's what they want him to do). But he can gain the support of every thinking person on the planet - isn't that a much stronger base?

The US 'opposition' needs to get off its ass and START OPPOSING, DAMNIT.

The US current opposition truly is a joke... their bloodlust is the same, they just argue about the details.